The Resource Conservation District of Greater San Diego County (RCD) is seeking an Office Coordinator. If you think you would be a good fit for this job please read the full position description below and follow the directions to apply!
$18 – $22 per hour / $37,440- $45,760 per year
Full time (40 hours), Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Direct Reports: 0
The Resource Conservation District of Greater San Diego County (RCD) is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Office Coordinator to manage the facility and daily office procedures, data, and files; serve as the first point of contact with the public; and assist staff with administrative needs. The ideal candidate is well organized, detail-oriented, articulate, approachable, and collaborative. You will possess strong customer service skills along with previous experience in an office administration role.
This position is located at the RCD of Greater San Diego County field office in Lakeside, California. This position is an at-will position and the employee serves at the discretion of the Executive Director. All District employees are required to work collaboratively and to serve as a positive role model for other employees by supporting the mission, vision, and values of the District.
- Answer incoming phone calls, assist callers and direct calls as appropriate; greet members of the public that visit the office.
- Manage RCD files and data, including contacts, and keep information organized and up to date.
- Conduct regular reviews of the RCD facility and organize refurbishment and repairs as needed.
- Keep logs of company vehicles and assets, including scheduling regular service on company vehicles and facilitating office equipment upgrades.
- Write and issue press releases and contribute to upkeep of RCD website.
- Support the Clerk of the Board with preparation of Board meeting packets and other administrative tasks related to the Board of Directors.
- Assist staff with project administration as needed.
- Keep the office stocked with stationary, cleaning, and other supplies.
- At least three years’ experience in an office administration role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluent English speaker, bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Professional, accountable, and punctual.
A California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and successful completion of a background check. Adept at anticipating requirements of the office, uses extreme discretion when handling confidential and/or proprietary information. Consistent attention to detail and accuracy while juggling multiple tasks. Ability to meet deadlines/goals effectively and in a timely manner.
Compensation and Benefits
The RCDGSDC offers a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Full Time (40 hours)
- After successful completion of a 90-day probationary period:
- Health insurance compensation in lieu of health insurance.
- Participation in RCD 457 retirement plan.
- Phone stipend of $50 per month.
- Ten paid holidays and thirteen days of paid time off (PTO) in your first year of service, rising to eighteen days after the first year.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to the Resource Conservation District of Greater San Diego County at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Coordinator” in the subject line by August 13, 2021. For additional information, please contact the RCD by phone at 619-562-0096.
The RCD is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran.